What is this project about
This project intends to develop indicators of achievement for the objectives and policies of the governmental operational plans that are quantitative and measurable, intended for 75 different State actors; and to provide a support system for plan preparation and follow-up on plan implementation through the data generated from these indicators.
In addition, provide the Ministry with computable general equilibrium (CGE) models to prepare development policies that address economic and social challenges; use those models to determine a set of quantitative indicators to be considered in the development of five-year development plans (also applicable on the ten year plan); follow up on the implementation of those plans; assess their achievements, particularly those related to reaching the set goals and implementing the adopted policies through relating them to the objectives of each sector.
The project will also prepare a media strategy to highlight development achievements and their implementation mechanisms (and objectives of the 10th National Development Plan), as well as develop a media campaign, and develop organizational guidelines for the establishment of a communication unit within the Ministry.
The project aims to deliver three specific outputs:
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Services Sectors: the key priorities for the project include: formulating the strategies and policies to be incorporated in the 10th NDP, with the central objective of enhancing the impact of selected services sectors on human development and achievement of the MDGs. Devising a set of performance indicators associated with each of the policies and their targets that will enable the monitoring and follow-up of actual progress in achieving the Plan targets, and capacity building in outcome-centered development.
- Raising the Efficiency of Services: the key priorities include: formulating the strategies and policies to be incorporated in the 10th NDP, with the central objective of raising the efficiency and productivity of service delivery, including policies on human power development in the various sectors. Developing and Incorporating best practice models for efficient delivery of these services. Devising the set of performance indicators associated with each of the policies and their targets that will enable the monitoring and follow-up of actual progress in achieving the Plan targets for this objective. And, capacity building in the area of efficiency and productivity enhancement.
- Insuring Sustainability: key priorities include: formulating strategies for financing the various services and insuring their sustainability. Devising costing and pricing models. Developing innovative ownership and investment models, including public – private partnerships. Formulating the necessary policies for these priority areas for incorporation in the 10th NDP.
What have we accomplished so far?
- Drafting main chapters of the Tenth Development Plan (2015-2019); Key chapters involved, included population policies in addition to Regional planning strategies.
- Human development concept incorporated into national development priorities.
- Formulating the framework of the Key Performance Indicators with 75 state partners