Assisting MOFA to strengthen its E-Services
What is the project about
This project is a new development of an IT component that will result in sustainability & strengthening the base of the embassies and MOFA through competitive ICT at MOFA that provides more Technical Assistance for increasing work productivity & efficiency. The project plans to update & standardize the ICT infrastructure in MOFA, increase the diffusion & utilization of ICT. Anywhere anytime of e-Services, e-Transactions, e-Communications, and e-Information; are provided to G2G, G2C, G2B and G2E. Work environment is transferred to Knowledge Society & management. Skilled & knowledgeable employees capacity are built through Continuous training/learning. The objectives keep in mind users satisfaction with one stop, easy, secure & fast services, as well as contributing to digital economy & contributes in providing an attractive environment for investment in KSA.
• Improve efficiency and Productivity.
• Improve e-Services
• Contribution to economic growth
• Attracting investment.
• Contribution to Better use of national resources.
What have we accomplished so far?
• 1,342 employees becomes IC3/ICDL certified (22% increase compared with previous year).
• 21% of users are IC3/ICDL Certified (11% increase compared with previous year).
• 215 IT Specialist (8% increase compared with previous year).
• 98% of Embassies supported by IT supervisors (9% increase compared with previous year)./user of UDMS (360 % increase compared with previous year).
Impact of Project:
Improved efficiency in the delivery of public services.
Extension is proposed for the following targets: - e-procurement.
• CPAP Outcome: Reducing poverty, raising standards and improving quality of life for all
• Expected Outcome: Environmental policies incorporated in National planning policies
• Expected Output: ICT Capacity Building
• Service Line: Democratic Governance
• Sector & Sub-Sector: 2.5 - E-governance and access to information
• MDGs Focus: Develop a global partnership for development